While Guernsey Electricity makes every effort to maintain the published service standards for processing applications it cannot succeed without your help in supplying full and concise details. The following explanatory notes are to assist you in completing the form with the correct, up to date information. It is important that these forms are filled out fully. The numbers below refer to the section number on the form.
- This is provided to enable you to cross-reference this
application with your own system.
- ALL correspondence will be directed to this address.
- An application may only apply to a single site identifiable
from this address.
- Provide as many contact details as appropriate to aid
- Tick as many as apply.
- For alterations to existing services the GE customer
reference (found on your latest bill) and the numbers
of all meters
fed from it MUST be included. Additional information
can be added to the back page of the form or on a separate
- This must adequately describe the location within the
site at section 3. GE reserve the right to refuse services
in unsuitable locations.
- Mark the appropriate boxes of all that apply.
- Environment only allow one road closure per development for
utilities connection, which can have considerable lead times due to a number of factors
including, but not limited to, having to take account of existing scheduled and unplanned emergency road
closures and embargoes on roadworks for fixed periods
following reinstatement or resurfacing works.
- Where the application is for several new properties
with identical load schedules the number at section 10
be the number covered by this application and the load
schedule at section 11 will be for one property.
Where there is a development of properties with differing schedules one application should be submitted for each type of property.
- Where the application covers several identical load
schedules the schedule at section 11 should be the load
of one property.
For alterations/additions to existing load this schedule
should include all loads that are on the service, not
only the unit you are working on.
Do not include existing loads in the ‘new’ columns.
If economy heating is required indicate if it is to be Guernsey Electricity controlled by ticking the box.
For vinery lighting, heat pumps, welders etc. complete the table at section 12.
If a heat pump is requested, a specification of the Heat pump MUST be enclosed.
- Tick the column Existing/Proposed as appropriate and
complete all other columns.
- A site plan and building lay out must be enclosed with
all applications for new builds and alterations to
existing service positions.
Where parallel connection of private generation to the Guernsey Electricity distribution network is being considered, including combined heat and power units, please complete and forward to Guernsey Electricity document EE40. This is available from the reception desk at Electricity House.
The EE40 is not for standby generators which are covered under the usual IEE Wiring Regulations.